Four people are dead, including a police officer and an attacker, and 20 others were injured after a car plowed into a crowd of people on Westminster Bridge in London on Wednesday afternoon in what officials are investigating as an act of terrorism.
- The knife-wielding suspect was shot outside the Houses of Parliament after crashing the car into a gate and stabbing a police officer guarding the building.
- Both the attacker and officer died, officials said.
- Some of the wounded are said to have suffered “catastrophic” injuries.
- Parliament was placed on lockdown, according to a parliamentary official.
- British police are treating the incident as terrorism.
- Officials said they believe there was just one attacker.
- A full counterterrorism investigation is under way.